Amy's Puff Pockets ..
Ingredients of Amy's Puff Pockets .
- You need 1 of sheet puff pastry = 9 little pockets.
- Prepare 1 small of tomato – thinly sliced and then quartered.
- Prepare 1 of cooked sausage – thinly sliced.
- You need 1 cup of grated cheese of your choice – i used extra tasty ..
- You need 10 of garlic chive leaves – finely chopped.
- Prepare 5 of sprigs of origano – brake off and tear up leaves roughly.
- You need 9 of sweet basil leaves – roughly tore up.
- You need 1 of handfull parsley – roughly tore up.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- You need 1 of salt and cracked pepper to taste for seasoning.
Amy's Puff Pockets . step by step
- Preheat oven to 200°C \ 400°F ..
- very lightly grease little patty cake tins with olive oil ..
- lay pastry out on a lightly floured surface and cut the pastry lengthwise into thirds , then cut each third into thirds again resulting in 9 little pastry square shapes . gently place one piece of pastry per patty hole and gently push down to the bottom and along the sides , fill all patty tin holes with the pastry ..
- Starting with the first three pockets , add a few pieces of the thinly sliced sausage on the bottom followed by a few pieces of the tomato quarters on top of the sausage , now sprinkle generously on top of the tomato with cheese and season with salt and cracked pepper and finally add a little of the parsley , oregano , chives and one sweet basil leaf each pocket , now fold any remaining pastry over top to sort of close it and lightly brush top with olive oil ..
- in the second three it did the same process except minus the sausages . and the finally three was sausage and cheese minus the tomatoes ..
- once all have been filled and prepared place patty tray unto the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden and crisp , remove from heat , let cool for a minute then remove pockets to serving plate , make great little snacks , eat hot and enjoy . :-).
- NOTE : you can add any filling you like to these little treats , this is just the way i made them last time . :-).