Pan Roasted Ratatouille for 2.
Ingredients of Pan Roasted Ratatouille for 2
- Prepare 1.5 cups of baby tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces (any color is fine).
- Prepare 1/2 (1 pound) of eggplant, cut into 1.5-inch cubes (peeled if Italian, peeling not necessary if Chinese or Japanese eggplants, which have a much more delicate peel) This is about 2 cups.
- It’s 1 of medium red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced (1/2 to 1 Tablespoon, depending on how garlicky you like your food).
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt to start.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
Pan Roasted Ratatouille for 2 step by step
- In a large pan (10 or 12-inch) with 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in it, add all the tomatoes, onion, eggplant, and bell pepper, and spread it out in an even layer over the entire cooking surface..
- Put the pan on medium low heat, and let the veg roast, undisturbed, for about 12 minutes..
- Add another 2 Tablespoons of oil and stir the veg to redistribute back into an even layer over the entire cooking surface, making sure all of your eggplant pieces are touching the cooking surface. Let the veg roast undisturbed again for another 12 minutes or so..
- Add the garlic, parsley on top, and distribute the salt and pepper over the entire area of the ratatouille and gently and thoroughly fold into the veg mixture to ensure even seasoning throughout. Spreading the seasoning over the entire surface area of the ratatouille before folding it in helps to distribute it evenly and also prevents having to disturb the veg too much in order to get the seasoning incorporated..
- Let the rataouille pan roast another 5 minutes or so, and that's it! Enjoy! :).