Not Deep Fried! Rich Sweet and Sour Pork.
Ingredients of Not Deep Fried! Rich Sweet and Sour Pork
- You need 200 grams of Pork butt (shoulder or roast), sliced.
- Prepare 2 of Green peppers.
- It’s 1/2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 of Pineapple.
- You need 4 small of Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar, soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Tomato ketchup.
- It’s 3 1/2 tbsp of Vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Katakuriko.
Not Deep Fried! Rich Sweet and Sour Pork step by step
- Cut up the carrot roughly, and slice the onion into wedges. Cut the pineapple into bite sized pieces. Re-hydrate the shiitake mushrooms and slice in half (keep the soaking liquid). Chop the bell peppers roughly, and slice the pork pieces in half..
- Microwave the carrot for 3 minutes to cook through. Rub 1 teaspoon each of sugar and sake (not listed) into the pork, and dust with 1 tablespoon of katakuriko (not listed). Combine the seasonings with 2 tablespoons of the mushroom soaking liquid (dissolve the katakuriko here too)..
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pan and pan fry the pork. Roll up the pork slices before adding to the pan. Take the pork out just before it's cooked through (it will continue cooking with residual heat)..
- Add all the vegetables to the same pan and stir fry. When the peppers are cooked through, add the combined seasonings. When the sauce has thickened and turned translucent, add the pineapple and the pork, mix everything together, and it's done..