I guess everyone knows what I am talking about so let's go ahead and see where this humble dish came from. One of the things I love is. For the crispy coating, mix all the ingredients together in a shallow bowl.
Southern style fried chicken legs. Would my french fries seriously "fry" up crisp and golden without. In a large saucepan, heat vegetable oil on medium heat. On a large plate, combine flour, cayenne pepper, paprika, and salt.
Ingredients of Southern style fried chicken legs
- Prepare 4-5 of chicken legs, washed.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- You need of Oil for frying.
If you don't fancy the potatoes, you could swap. If you can nail that, the rest is as easy as following a simple recipe, and. Drain on paper towels to remove excess oil. It operates a franchise network in the United Kingdom and worldwide.
Southern style fried chicken legs step by step
- Mix dry ingredients in a ziploc bag, it’s easiest for coating this way. Beat eggs and buttermilk in a bowl..
- Put oil in a pan and heat to 350.
- Dip chicken in flour and spice mixture then buttermilk egg mix then back in flour spice mixture. Immediately place in hot frying pan and fry about 10-12 minutes per side on medium heat until crispy and brown. Great plain or you can toss in bbq or hot sauce. Pairs great with Mac and cheese, green beans, corn, coleslaw, potato salad, potato wedges, salad or mashed potatoes and gravy..
Season well with salt and pepper. Dark meat takes longer than white meat. I now live in BC Canada. It always comes out super flavorful and extra crispy. First you'll need to decide on which pieces that you want to use.