Hansen's Home Fried Chicken.
Ingredients of Hansen's Home Fried Chicken
- Prepare of Chicken.
- You need 1 of Chicken Leg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1 of as needed Green Tea.
- It’s 1 of as needed Flours.
- You need 1 of as needed Vegetables Oil.
- It’s of Dressing.
- You need 2 tbsp of Unsalted Butter.
- It’s 1/2 of Orange (Mandarin).
- It’s 1 stick of Spring Onion.
- Prepare 2 clove of Shallot.
- You need of Accompaniment.
- It’s 1 of as needed Steamed Jasmine Rice.
Hansen's Home Fried Chicken step by step
- Boil the water with 2 green tea bags (if you are serving it with rice, cook the rice while you are boiling the tea) boil until the water in the pan turn dark brown / green, give it a little taste, if you can taste the tea and acidity, means it done.
- Clean the chicken leg with water, slice here and there thinly and marinate with salt and pepper (I prefer marinated them during this process rather than during the flouring) let is sit for a while.
- While boiling the tea and marinating the chicken in progress, thinly slice the shallot, slightly chopped the spring onions and peel the orange, you are going to need the skin and the meat..
- Once water is boiled, put the chicken, make sure to keep the fire medium, let it boil in the pan until it's medium well..
- Once boiling is done, let it cool on the counter for a while and you can check the status of the rice, if the rice is cooked and warming, give a nice stir on the rice to make sure its not steaming any further and does not become sticky. After the chicken is cool down, toss it around the flour, use your finger to reach the flour inside the thinly cut (which is now supposed to open up). Make sure you flour it throughly..
- Once finish with the flouring, deep fried in medium heat vegetable oil (extreme heat will burnt the chicken) fried until golden-ish and crispy. Lift them up and strain the oil from the chicken..
- For the dressing, low heat the pan, add half of the butter, then shallots, stir fry a little bit and add orange skin and a hint of the orange juice, add the last part of the butter, stir fry a little bit and separate the orange skin, then add spring onion, let it sit for a bit and pour on top of the chicken. Serve with rice as how you wished.
- Happy cooking and don't forget to share the photo and leave a review! Thank you.