In this updated post, I've made minor tweaks to the recipe and introduced Seoul-style. Reviews for: Photos of Bulgogi (Korean BBQ). Easiest way to get started with Korean food, try this Korean-style BBQ beef also known as bulgogi 불고기.
Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ"). Your comprehensive guide to making the most delicious bulgogi (Korean BBQ beef) at home! With this, you can make mildly sweet, savory, smoky, juicy and tender delicious bulgogi. Beef tenderloin, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, green onion, ground black pepper, korean pear, onion, rice syrup, sesame oil, soy sauce.
Ingredients of Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ")
- You need of beef (ribeye or skirt steak work well), very thinly sliced. I don't recommend super lean cuts for this preparation.
- You need of whole green onion (white and green parts) chopped.
- It’s of finely minced garlic (about 3 cloves).
- Prepare of of a sweet apple, finely grated (you can use 3 Tablespoons apple sauce in a pinch) to tenderize and sweeten.
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of toasted sesame oil.
- It’s of regular soy sauce.
Only few basic ingredients to make this at home. I hope you are because today I'm sharing this extremely (not kidding) easy and delicious Korean-style BBQ beef or also known as bulgogi. So pretty much it means "Fire Meat". The name came from how they cooked the meat- which is direct from the fire but now days, Bulgogi means Korean signature marinated beef cooked either on a stove or grill. 고기 [gogi]: meat. 불고기 [bulgogi]: Korean BBQ beef.
Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ") step by step
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl and ideally allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking. For me, the best way to get all the meat evenly seasoned is to get in there with your hands and mix and massage to distribute all the seasonings thoroughly and evenly..
- PAN FRY OR SAUTE METHOD: Cook the meat in four separate batches on an oil (about 1.5 teaspoons per batch) pan preheated to medium high, for 2.5 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure all pieces are cooked. If you, like I, love onions, you can saute some 1/4-inch thick pieces of sliced onions with each batch..
- OVEN METHOD: Preheat the oven to 425F. Mix an additional 1.5 to 2 Tablespoons oil in with the meat and spread the meat evenly in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet pan or broiler pan. Place the pan about 4 inches under the heat element and cook for 15 minutes..
- GRILL METHOD: You'll need a grill basket or screen to keep the meat from falling through the slats. Spread the meat in a single layer and cook over medium high heat (and at least 5 inches above the goals or gas element) until the meat is cooked. 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the cut and grill heat..
- Enjoy! :).
It literally means "fire meat". 불고기 is one of Korea's most popular beef dishes, made from thinly sliced sirloin and anther prime cut of beef. Its ready to use and perfect for ribeye for Korean bulgogi or short ribs for L. A. galbi/kalbi Please refrigerate upon arrival. Created with love using our grandmothers recipe, we mean it when we say that only the. Bulgogi Korean BBQ Beef is one of the most well-known Korean dishes.