Korean-Style BBQ Beef (Bulgogi 불고기 ) Easiest way to get started with Korean food, try this Korean-style BBQ beef also known as bulgogi 불고기. With only few basic ingredients you can easily make this at home. Use cast iron skillet for those char bit wonders.
Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ"). Bulgogi (불고기) – Korean BBQ Beef. Bulgogi which literally means 'fire meat' is an amazing Korean BBQ grilled beef dish that will make anyone a fan of Korean food once you taste it. Bulgogi (불고기; / b ʊ l ˈ ɡ oʊ ɡ iː / bool-GOH-gee; from Korean bul-gogi [pul.ɡo.ɡi]), literally "fire meat", is a gui (구이; Korean-style grilled or roasted dish) made of thin, marinated slices of beef or pork grilled on a barbecue or on a stove-top griddle.
Ingredients of Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ")
- Prepare of beef (ribeye or skirt steak work well), very thinly sliced. I don't recommend super lean cuts for this preparation.
- Prepare of whole green onion (white and green parts) chopped.
- It’s of finely minced garlic (about 3 cloves).
- Prepare of of a sweet apple, finely grated (you can use 3 Tablespoons apple sauce in a pinch) to tenderize and sweeten.
- Prepare of sugar.
- It’s of toasted sesame oil.
- It’s of regular soy sauce.
Print Pin Rate. 맛잇는 불고기 – Korean BBQ (Bulgogi) 특히 필라델피아에서 손쉽게 할수있는 불고기 입니다. 필라델피아에는 Philly cheese steak 라고 유명한 음식이 있는데, 그 음식에 들어갈 고기가 한국의 불고기처럼 아주 얇게 썰어져 있습니다. 얇게 썰린고기 (shaved beef steak) 를 사서 만들면 야들야들한 불고기가 손쉽게. Your comprehensive guide to making the most delicious bulgogi (Korean BBQ beef) at home! With this, you can make mildly sweet, savory, smoky, juicy and tender delicious bulgogi. WHAT IS BULGOGI Literally speaking, bulgogi (불고기) means 'fire meat'.
Bulgogi 불고기 (Korean "BBQ") step by step
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly in a mixing bowl and ideally allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking. For me, the best way to get all the meat evenly seasoned is to get in there with your hands and mix and massage to distribute all the seasonings thoroughly and evenly..
- PAN FRY OR SAUTE METHOD: Cook the meat in four separate batches on an oil (about 1.5 teaspoons per batch) pan preheated to medium high, for 2.5 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure all pieces are cooked. If you, like I, love onions, you can saute some 1/4-inch thick pieces of sliced onions with each batch..
- OVEN METHOD: Preheat the oven to 425F. Mix an additional 1.5 to 2 Tablespoons oil in with the meat and spread the meat evenly in a single layer on a foil-lined sheet pan or broiler pan. Place the pan about 4 inches under the heat element and cook for 15 minutes..
- GRILL METHOD: You'll need a grill basket or screen to keep the meat from falling through the slats. Spread the meat in a single layer and cook over medium high heat (and at least 5 inches above the goals or gas element) until the meat is cooked. 3 to 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the cut and grill heat..
- Enjoy! :).
Not only is this delicious, it's super easy to make as well. Myeongdong / Hamburger Toast / Seoul Korea / Korean Street Food / 명동 햄버거 토스트 / 명동 길거리. Bulgogi-Korean Marinated Beef (불고기) – Cooking on skillet Cooking. Add the onions, carrots and green onions to the marinated bulgogi meat. Set aside the mushrooms and cabbage.