Maple Syrup Mushroom Pasta.
Ingredients of Maple Syrup Mushroom Pasta
- You need of some flavorless oil.
- It’s 1 of shallot, finely diced.
- You need 10-15 of small button mushrooms, whole.
- You need 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Korean barbecue sauce.
- It’s of (to taste) cayenne pepper, soy sauce, turmeric, herbes de Provence, black pepper, ground ginger.
- You need 1 of leveled spoonful of cornstarch dissolved in a little bit of water.
- It’s 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- It’s 200 g of dried linguine.
Maple Syrup Mushroom Pasta instructions
- Fry the shallot in an oiled wok over high heat. Take out of the wok as soon as it gets golden brown and crispy.
- Add some more oil into the wok if needed and fry mushrooms until lightly browned. Then, pour maple syrup over the mushrooms. Continue frying for a couple of minutes or until caramelized.
- Set mushrooms aside leaving the sauce in the wok over medium heat. Next, thin out the sauce with water: add 2 tablespoons of water and the barbecue sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Add it to the wok while stirring. Add more water if the sauce gets too thick.
- Season the sauce to your liking with soy sauce, ginger, cayenne, turmeric, herbes de Provence and pepper. Set aside.
- In a pot of boiling water, add the bouillon and dried pasta. Cook until pasta is al dente. Drain.
- Wipe out the wok then stir fry the pasta. Reheat the shallot and mushrooms with the pasta. To serve: divide the mushroom and shallot linguine between two plates, add the sauce on top and garnish with chives. Enjoy :).